Communications and Public Affairs Officer NetherlandsTermijn verlopen
Are you looking to actively contribute to a safe and sustainable future?
What we are looking for
a new Communications & Public Affairs Officer to join The Plastics Europe team in the Netherlands at this exciting time of change for our Association and our industry.
Who we are
Plastics Europe is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with offices across Europe. For over 100 years, science and innovation has been the DNA that cuts across our industry. With close to 100 members producing over 90% of all polymers across Europe, we are the catalyst for the industry with a responsibility to openly engage with stakeholders and deliver solutions which are safe, circular, and sustainable. We are committed to implementing long-lasting positive change.
About the position
As the Communications & Public Affairs Officer you’ll play, alongside Director PlasticsEurope Netherlands, a key role in implementing in the Netherlands the pan-European strategy of the Association as defined by the PlasticsEurope Advocacy & Communication Directors. You’ll project manage our public affairs and communications activities, develop engaging content across different media types, and support with our events. The role requires the ability to understand and anticipate the media, public and political landscape in the country and across Europe. Your success will expand Plastics Europe’s visibility and reach by generating impact for our members and building an engaged audience both internally and externally.
You will report directly to the Director Plastics Europe Netherlands. You will also become a member of pan-European Plastics Europe External Affairs and Communications teams. With this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop and further grow as a communications and public affairs expert.
- Internal collaboration with and communications to member companies, and externally to major stakeholders.
- Developing a strong relationship with the Director Plastics Europe Netherlands, Dutch National Advisory Board and national company executives, Plastics Europe Managing Director, External Affairs Director, senior members, and PlasticsEurope colleagues.
- Fostering strong relationships with stakeholders across key external audiences in The Netherlands (to include value-chain, media, political, etc.).
- Gathering intelligence on emerging issues and prioritizes them based on importance and urgency.
- Contributing to the implementation of Dutch engagement strategies.
- Contributing to the development of pan-European campaigns and translating these at national level.
- Develop & edit content for different communications platforms and tools (website, social media, blogs and articles, …). Produce graphic materials and layout documents or publications.
- Support colleagues with managing events (meetings, webinars, conferences,).
- Liaise with communications and public affairs-related external service providers.
- Contribute to content development for Plastics Europe’s social media channels.
- Support the Communications team as needed by projects and activities.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
- A growth and curious mindset; always seeking to develop, transform and adapt to generate success
- Demonstrated project management skills; capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Capacity to manage people across different groups to reach agreement
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English (a must)
- Excellent capacity to research and quickly identify key information
- A talent in conveying complex ideas in accessible and concise messages
- Good understanding and experience of social media tools, including crafting messages for the web
- Applying critical thinking and being agile, proactive, and ready to take initiative
- Be a quick learner, well-organised and able to work to deadlines
- Capacity to take full ownership of the role and work autonomously or in a team as needed
- Not be afraid of a challenge or hard work
- A graduate preferably in Communications, Journalism, Social & Digital Media, Marketing and Public Relations
- At least 4-years’ experience in a similar role in a communications & public affairs consultancy or (trade) association or corporate environment
- Strong networking skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with members, media and other key stakeholders
- Native Dutch speaking and writing and excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Good grasp of political & decision-making process in The Netherlands and ambition to further develop as a public affairs expert
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools
- Knowledge of interest communications digital platforms and tools
- In possession of an EU passport or other means of residing & working in Belgium.
- Competitive salary in line with experience and level of the function (Officer, holiday pay, 13th month and possibility of yearly bonus.
- Hybrid working
- Laptop and mobile phone
- A challenging and inspiring working environment offering possibilities for further development
For more information, contact Drea Berghorst, +31 6 5321 83 74
Please send your application with compelling cover letter (2 pages max) and CV to: [email protected] (SUBJECT line: Communications & Public Affairs Officer Netherlands) by 30 January 2023.Termijn verlopen
Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum (LUMC)
Adviseur Public Affairs
Gemeente Den Haag
Adviseur public affairs
Head of Media Relations & Public Affairs
Beleidsadviseur Public Affairs
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Manager
Beleidsadviseur Public Affairs
Vereniging Eigen Huis
Belangenbehartiger WoningmarktMeer vacatures bekijken »