Director and Policy CounselTermijn verlopen
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About The Role
Roku is seeking an experienced and self-motivated public policy professional with significant government relations and regulatory experience within the telecommunications, media & technology (TMT) sector in the EU and UK.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing public policy team within Roku’s Legal Department and play a key, hands-on role in supporting Roku’s continued growth in Europe. This position will ensure that the company’s business and policy priorities are well represented with UK, EU, and Member State regulators and policy leaders inside and outside of government. In addition, this position will collaborate with other members of Roku’s Legal team to provide timely, pragmatic, and actionable advice regarding the impact of European policies and regulations on Roku’s products and services.
This position reports to and will assist the Vice President and Senior Policy Counsel in the overall development and execution of the company’s global government relations, policy formulation, and government affairs initiatives in the UK, EU, and Member States. This position also will coordinate with various individuals across the company’s business units to address evolving regulatory and public policy challenges and to develop Roku’s external narrative around policy issues.
The position will be located in our office in Amsterdam or London, and will be responsible for issues throughout the EU and individual Member States as well as the UK
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of legislation, regulation, emerging policy issues, and industry trends in European jurisdictions that impact Roku’s current and future business, ensuring that relevant stakeholders throughout the company are informed with analyses of the significance, relevance, and business impact of these developments in a timely manner.
- Advise business, product, and engineering teams on policy implications during the product development and launch process and on an ongoing basis.
- Partner closely with business, product, engineering, and corporate teams within Roku to align European government affairs and public policy strategies with business needs.
- Lead policy initiatives and campaigns in the UK, EU, and individual EU Member States on a wide variety of issues affecting Roku (including competition issues, privacy and data security, content moderation, regulation of OTT video services, net neutrality, copyright and content protection, patent reform, trade policy, immigration, and tax).
- Cultivate and maintain trusted relationships directly with elected and appointed officials and their staff members, community leaders, regulatory agencies, industry and civil society groups, and professional associations to effectively advocate for Roku’s policy positions and to respond to inquiries as they arise.
- Serve as a thought leader and respected representative of Roku, promoting the company’s strategic vision, competitive position, and policy perspectives externally to further our business objectives.
We’re Excited If You Have
- At least 10 years legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, that includes working with internet, technology and/or media companies.
- 10+ years of related experience in government relations and public policy, preferably in a company in the TMT sector, with proven abilities to develop and execute impactful government affairs and public policy strategies within Europe.
- Experience within the tech industry and familiarity with Internet technologies, digital media, OTT, advertising technology, Big Data, IOT, and the surrounding domestic and international laws, regulations, policies, and industry standards, including regulations and policies established by the European Commission, the UK, as well as regulatory and policy bodies in individual Member States.
- Proven policy leadership skills and executive presence, with excellent English oral/written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to understand and clearly communicate complex issues to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members, particularly across multiple time zones.
- High ethical standards, integrity, and sound judgment
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.Termijn verlopen
Dordrecht / Drechtsteden
Head of Corporate Public Affairs
Government Affairs Manager
Junior Adviseur Public Affairs & Government Relations
Medewerker Public Affairs, Overijssel
Adviseur Public Affairs
Raad voor de Rechtspraak
Adviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Officer (Dutch Speaking)
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs Europese UnieMeer vacatures bekijken »