Director, Policy en Public AffairsTermijn verlopen
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world.
Possible location: Capelle aan den Ijssel
About The Role
The Director for Policy & Public Affairs leads our strategic engagement with government stakeholders to shape a pro-innovation, pro-patient environment. Additionally, the role coordinates all Corporate Affairs (Policy & Public Affairs, Ext Comms, Patient Advocacy) activities and will represent the function on the Pfizer Netherlands Leadership Team. This position has a vital and central role in building Pfizer’s external profile, strengthening our company reputation and advancing business goals.
- Coordinate all Corporate Affairs activities and represent the function on the Pfizer Netherlands Leadership Team
- Analyse the policy environment and provide strategic counsel to the highest level of the business (operating plan, business reviews, etc.)
- Develop and execute comprehensive / novel external public affairs initiatives that deliver business goals
- Direct and lead engagement with key policy makers and influencers
- Represent Pfizer in key external forums as well as coordinate our engagement with trade / business associations
- Develop C-Suite briefing materials with goals and metrics
- Maintain strict compliance with all applicable policies and laws, especially those related to interactions with government officialThis is an individual contributor role
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Netherlands public policy, government relations, public affairs, with ideally minimum 10 years’ experience in health care
- Exceptional understanding of the role of public affairs and policy in driving business goals, and a deep understanding of public policymaking process in the Netherlands
- Highly networked in the Netherlands external environment including with government and key stakeholders, with an outstanding ability to develop relationships with key constituencies
- Track record of developing and executing effective, innovative and practical public affairs and policy solutions and comprehensive plans that deliver results
- Highly skilled at anticipating, identifying, and addressing emerging issues and related risks that could impact Pfizer’s business in the Netherlands
- A strong record of being a great team player and collaborator with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to promote cooperation and facilitate problem resolution in a timely, creative and professional manner
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills in both Dutch and English are essential
- Demonstrated ability to develop C-Suite communication and convey relevant information at the right time and with the proper context
- Education: Advanced degree required, ideally in law, business, public health, or international policy
What do we offer?
Of course we offer excellent working conditions with flexible working hours. And in addition to the efforts we expect from you, there is also plenty of time and attention for relaxation. For example, during the year we organize various sports activities, drinks and voluntary work during working hours / Pfizer4All. You can get in touch with all your other colleagues in a relaxed way
Pfizer has a pipeline full of innovative medicines for a variety of conditions. As a Pfizer colleague, you’ll have the opportunity to maximize the impact of medicines for patients in a variety of ways. In short, you make a real difference.
We are always looking for top talent. We believe you will never stop learning and there will always be a new opportunity for your development. That is why we have broad opportunities in the Dutch organization. There are regular opportunities for training or to gain experience in a different field or even advancement to an international position.
A culture where you can be yourself
We are a large, international organization with people from all over the world. At Pfizer everyone should be able to be themselves, that’s what we strive for and live by.
At Pfizer, we know that if you really want to make an impact on people’s lives, it’s important that your people are at their best. That’s why we offer our colleagues good working conditions, such as an appropriate salary and opportunities to work from home. Working a lot of overtime is not the norm for us. We also believe that work and having fun should go hand in hand. That’s why, for example, you can participate in all kinds of activities outside of work.
Do you know enough and have you decided to respond? We are curious about you and invite you to submit your application via the apply button below. You don’t have to worry about a deadline to respond. We keep looking until we have found the right candidate for this position.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Termijn verlopen
Public Affairs Manager
Manager Public Affairs Benelux
Manager Public Affairs
(Senior) Public Affairs Adviseur Mobiliteit
Beleidsadviseur Public Affairs
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs
Adviseur Public Affairs
Nederlandse Vereniging van Banken
Adviseur Public AffairsMeer vacatures bekijken »