Government Affairs LeaderSolliciteer direct
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2022 revenues of approximately $10.6 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The Government Affairs Leader is focused on how EU government policy that will impact Eastman – both positively and negatively – and seeking outcomes that create and preserve value.
The Government Affairs Department of Eastman is looking for an experienced individual who will contribute to the company’s strategy support on key EU issues and advocacy efforts working in close collaboration with issue experts based in EU regional and U.S. Global Headquarters.
Under the supervision of the VP, Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs, with a dotted line to the Regional Managing Director for EMEA, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Identify, monitor and analyze national and EU legislation impacting Eastman’s business operations and product markets, identify and develop vehicles for favoring Eastman products in legislation/policy, and recommend appropriate actions
- Work closely with the businesses to help develop and execute advocacy strategies that defend and expand key product markets
- Expand the company’s advocacy networks in Europe and help develop key political allies
- Communicate effectively and ensure alignment with internal stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Supply Chain and Businesses)
- Advocate and communicate Eastman’s mission, values and innovation growth strategy to local/national and EU government officials, industry trade associations, and other stakeholders
- Represent the company in trade associations, in close collaboration with relevant corporate and business issue experts
- Assist the EMEA communications team in the development of corporate and business communications related to policy developments and initiatives
The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to inspire, motivate and manage external stakeholders and coordinate multiple priorities and initiatives effectively.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in political science, law or international economics; science degree with advocacy experience will also be considered
- At least 10 years of experience in managing EU public policies in a heavily regulated industry
- EU trade association and public relations experience are preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the EU processes, stakeholders and politics
- High sense of integrity, accountability, reliability and diligence; demonstrates a track record as a self-starter
- Fluent in English & French; Dutch is also preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative style; works effectively in and across a matrix management structure
- Excellent advocacy and communication/presentation skills, both orally and written
- Clear thinker, with an ability to make decisions in a complex and fast-moving environment; understanding and awareness of the “big picture” and strategic issues facing the overall business
Willingness to work occasionally outside regular business hours and travel within Europe and occasionally to the U.S
Apply quickly and easily with your resume via our website.
Recruiter tip: skip the cover letter and pitch us in 3 sentences why exactly you are the perfect match for our team!
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each daySolliciteer direct
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs/Stakeholdersmanager
Gemeente Den Haag
Senior Adviseur Corporate Public Affairs
Research & Public Affairs Expert
Public Affairs & Communications Specialist
Media & Public Affairs Specialist
Transport en Logistiek Nederland
European Affairs Manager
Transport en Logistiek Nederland
Public Affairs manager Den HaagMeer vacatures bekijken »