Government Affairs ManagerSolliciteer direct
Chevron Renewable Energy Group is a leading producer of advanced, sustainable biofuels and one of the largest biofuel producers in North America. With biorefineries in North America and two production facilities in Germany in Emden and in Südlohn, both in proximity to the Dutch border, we are well positioned in the biofuels sector. Chevron Renewable Energy Group meets the growing global demand for lower-carbon fuels and points the way to a more sustainable future.
The purpose of this job is to support, devise, manage and implement a comprehensive government and regulatory affairs strategy in The Netherlands, which will advance CREG products and business in coordination with the EU regulatory affairs. This position is also responsible to assist with the Federal & International Government Affairs team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Focus on regulatory affairs, with a primary focus on renewable fuels
- Build and foster collaborative relationships within Dutch government agencies as needed to advance the Company’s regulatory agenda
- Review and provide guidance on regulatory proposals to determine impact on existing and potential future company products and business
- Author official company comments on regulatory proposals, working with departments within the company to gather data and information needed
- Work to engage elected officials and staff in the Administration and legislative branch on issues and policies important to the Company, both directly and indirectly through the various trade associations (NBAA, MVO, PHB, NEN etc).
- Monitor legislation that has/could have impact on Company products and overall business
- Advise Director EU Government Affairs on impact of legislative proposals and initiatives
- In the absence of the Director, EU Government Affairs, act as lead Dutch government affairs contact
- In the absence of Manager, EU Communications, act as lead Dutch communications contact
Other frequent duties
- Assist to devise, manage, and implement a comprehensive government and regulatory affairs strategy
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization and external parties to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, products, and services
- Attend conferences whenever necessary to represent CREG and the industry, which includes presenting on policy developments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to develop business-driven strategic programs to advance CREG’s interests
- Experience in translating strategy and vision to concrete and effective action
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with external audiences and co-workers (oral and written)
- Ability to work in both a team setting as well as individually
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner, with attention to detail
- Possess the following competencies: Influencing, Planning & Organizing, Cooperative Teamwork, Decision Making, and Flexibility
Education: Master’s degree in relevant academic field
Experience: 3-6+ years’ experience in government/regulatory affairs related position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of and experience with Dutch political/policy processes
- Possession of, and ability to build and maintain extensive network
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively
- Preferred: knowledge in energy, environmental or chemical field
- Preferred: Political experience or work experience at Ministries
- High level of autonomy
- Fast paced and exciting opportunity in a political environment
- Professional and highly motivated work environment
- A competitive salary
- One-year employment contract with the intention to convert to permanent employment.
- Performance-related remuneration, bonus program, company pension scheme and the possibility of leasing a company bicycle
- Further learning and training opportunities
- Open and collegial interaction in an international dynamic and diverse team and joint celebration of successes
Diversity and inclusion statement:
CREG values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all genders, diverse cultures, abilities, backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ identities, and all age groups to apply. We are committed to building a safe and respectful workplace where everyone is valued for their contribution.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she/they will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her/their supervisor.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Default Terms and Conditions
We respect the privacy of candidates for employment. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we will use the information we obtain when you apply for a position through this career site. If you do not consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not submit information to us.
Please access the Global Application Statement, select the country where you are applying for employment, then acknowledge that you have read and agree to the country specific statement by checking the box below.Solliciteer direct
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs/Stakeholdersmanager
Gemeente Den Haag
Senior Adviseur Corporate Public Affairs
Research & Public Affairs Expert
Public Affairs & Communications Specialist
Media & Public Affairs Specialist
Transport en Logistiek Nederland
European Affairs Manager
Transport en Logistiek Nederland
Public Affairs manager Den HaagMeer vacatures bekijken »