Manager Government Affairs EuropeTermijn verlopen
Introduction to the job
Are you able to see the big picture and translate relevant (geo)political and societal developments into actions? We are looking for you!
You want to become a part of global collaboration, where creativity, diversity and a dynamic work environment are celebrated. You’re encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You have the freedom, trust and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges.
Your job mission within the Government & External Affairs Department is to represent ASML’s interests towards governments to help shape public policy in support of ASML’s strategic objectives and the communities we operate in. Government & External Affairs is part of ASML’s Strategy & Presidents office.
The role of Government Affairs Manager Europe is a newly created position. S/he will play an important role in supporting ASML’s growth in the fast-moving High-Tech industry. A dynamic sector influenced by government involvement and public policy changes. The incumbent will develop and provide support on initiatives related to interactions with government and other public organizations.
S/he will monitor political and regulatory developments in Europe that may affect ASML priorities and provide strategic counsel to ASML leadership. Furthermore s/he will support the Head of European Government Affairs develop and execute the company’s government affairs strategy and to build and manage relationships at relevant government institutions and other public organizations at various levels.
Role and responsibilities
You are responsible for informing, engaging and connecting internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be involved in designing, developing and coordinating the execution of ASML’s global governmental affairs strategy, with a particular focus on Europe, and Germany in particular.
This position requires you to;
- Engage with ASML leadership to develop public policy strategy, campaigns, and engagement
- Continuously monitor and interpret the political and policy landscape and provides ASML leadership with practical insights on policies that may have an impact on ASML
- Support promotion of a positive presence of ASML with European and German government institutions and other public organizations to (help) shape the policy environment relevant for ASML business
- Show sound business judgment and analytical skills, ability to help formulate, develop and execute agreed strategies.
- Execute complex initiatives and projects in cooperation with multiple stakeholders and demonstrates capability to analyze and break up complex problems into tasks and responsibilities that can be, and are, delegated and executed
- Support key ASML executives with policy positions and communications materials
- Assist ASML executives in public policy engagement efforts via speaking engagements and meeting opportunities
- Show appetite and capability to independently identify political risks and opportunities, and initiate and execute actions.
- Work collaboratively with other departments (e.g. Legal, Communication, R&D, Risk) to ensure strategic alignment, well-informed decision-making and compliance and improve public and governmental affairs skills.
Education and experience
- Master degree in the fields of law, public administration, political science or communications
- Business fluency in spoken and written German and English. Proficiency in French would be a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- At least 6 years of professional experience of which 4 years of specific experience working on trade, technology and/or R&D policy issues within government, think tanks, corporations or relevant industry associations.
- At least 4 years’ proven experience and track record in developing and implementing issue and stakeholder management plans
- Experience in a multinational company and/or in an international governmental relations environment
- Experience in or strong affinity with High-Tech industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of political processes, legislation, government organizations and working philosophies.
- Strong stakeholder management experience – working with executive levels in an international environment – and the ability to influence and network.
- Proven ability to build and nurture a value adding stakeholder environment.
- Proven experience interacting with government officials, policy-makers, agencies and other stakeholder groups.
- Ability to translate highly complex issues and strategies into clear public affairs goals and activity plans.
- Experience in working consultatively with tact and diplomacy and being persuasive in demanding situations.
- Proven track record to consult on and execute relevant governmental affairs strategies across different regions and cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
As a member of ASML’s Government & External Affairs Department, you will report to the Head of European Government Affairs and will work closely with colleagues at ASML headquarters and throughout the world.
This concerns a fulltime position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.Termijn verlopen
Bestuursadviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Adviseur
Lobbyist Gezond Leven
Beleidsadviseur innovatie en digitalisering
Public Affairs Head
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Junior Public Affairs Adviseur
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Manager Public Affairs Europa
Public Affairs Manager BrusselsMeer vacatures bekijken »