Public Affairs AssociateSolliciteer direct
With the intensifying trend of urbanisation comes a growing need of transporting more people in a more sustainable way. As new challenges surface, this changed urban reality also presents opportunities to rethink the way we move around and commute in this new environment. Our mission is to contribute actively to shaping the cities of the future by offering a sustainable, safe, convenient, and fun means of transportation.
In this role you will be leading our Public Affairs efforts, being responsible for ensuring governmental approval to launch new cities, with a specific focus on the Benelux. You will be heading conversations with local municipalities, building coalitions with stakeholders in the broader mobility sector and involved in national public affairs activities to make sure that shared mobility has the best possible starting position for the years to come. Next to this, you will be in charge of implementing our public policy strategy in some of our core markets. Your large network and familiarity with local governments will have an impact in positively growing the felyx brand. You will be representing the interests of felyx and you will help us analyze complex legal, regulatory and policy developments. Armed with this knowledge you will be able to connect all stakeholders to expand the felyx operation. Besides, you can position felyx in the best way possible to win tenders in some of Europe’s most attractive cities. You share our vision for new, sustainable and shared urban transport solutions and have the ability to persuasively express that vision with elected officials and policymakers. In this role, you will report directly to one of the co-founders.
To accomplish this you will:
- Open doors: your primary focus will be expanding felyx across the Benelux. Your interaction with cities and municipalities will be very important for creating desired requirements in setting up new felyx locations and successful launches.
- Felyx likeability: establish strategic relationships with government and community leaders, policy makers, and regulatory agencies. You will partner with organizations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align felyx’s social mission in transportation and the environment to improve community outreach initiatives.
- Supportive: inform local and national governments about the latest developments in the field of shared e-mopeds. You will share your insights based on data to create up-to-date requirements for our licenses to operate in cities.
- Strategic: evaluate, prioritize, and discern the strategic paths toward launch of new markets. You will hold regular meetings to build trust and mutual interest in felyx, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company’s priorities and strategies.
- Collaboration: You work closely with the marketing team on field marketing and local media activities. Together with the Leadership team you will be responsible to assess potential new locations. You will be the eyes and ears if it comes to government changes and translate this to the team.
We truly get excited if you
- Have at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in a government institution or consultancy in the area of Public Affairs
- Possess cultural and political sensitivity, with a proven ability to take an inclusive approach
- Are comfortable in a high growth and/or scale-up environment
- Possess a local network in the Benelux with knowledge of local policy regarding sustainable mobility
- Are able to work independently and initiate new ways to grow markets
- Show deep understanding of policy and legal challenges facing urban mobility
- Are able to spot risks to the business while finding creative paths to public policy success
- Have a strategic vision, sound judgment and a healthy appetite for risk, paired with the confidence to make difficult choices with limited information and minimal supervision
- Possess functional knowledge of the policy landscape in diverse political environments
- Have excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills in English and Dutch (required), other languages are a plus.
- Are self-motivated and possess the ability to learn new skills that enable you to grow quickly
- Have experience with (local) tender processes
Joining our ride means becoming part of the leading global platform in urban mobility. Having a direct impact on the business with a high degree of independence, will give you a very steep learning curve.
What’s in it for you
- Attractive hourly wage
- 28 holidays + 1 on your birthday
- Free 200 minutes rides per month
- Fun events within the company and your team
- Travel allowance (if you live more than 10 km)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- We have a partnership with OpenUp to ensure mental health care
Last but not least: fun, freedom and trust! We’re not scared to work our butts off, but this is only possible once we all experience joy in the work that we do every day. We are very proud of the fact that we have been named by LinkedIn as a top start-up to work at for the second time in a row, together with many other prestigious awards we’ve received since our start in 2017. We are operational in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and hope to launch in more cities and countries in the future!
At felyx we believe that the best workplace is one that represents the world we live in today. This means we believe that diversity in the broadest sense of the word connects us and drives us forward as a company. We believe that diversity goes hand in hand with different perspectives. It is these different perspectives that can help us become better and more innovative in finding solutions for our customers. And because we believe this can be achieved, we are looking for colleagues who are intrinsically motivated and bring the right experience. Gender, age, sexual orientation or origin will never be a factor and will never become one.
We understand you might not tick all the boxes above. The truth is, we don’t either. If you feel up for the ride, we encourage you to apply now!
Junior adviseur public affairs/communicatie
Port of Rotterdam
Adviseur External Affairs
Public Affairs Manager Short term rental regulation
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs
Strategisch Adviseur Public Affairs
Adviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs ManagerMeer vacatures bekijken »