Senior Public Affairs AdvisorTermijn verlopen
We are looking for a Senior Public Affairs Advisor for our Amsterdam-based Public Affairs team. As our new Senior Public Affairs Advisor, you will contribute to the existing company’s strategy to engage intensely with all stakeholders and society. As a leading global liquidity provider, Flow Traders supports the uninterrupted functioning of financial markets under all market circumstances. This essential position, which ensures the possibility for other market participants to be able to trade in various asset classes, is a responsibility that Flow Traders fosters and takes on in a broader perspective.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What you will do
In this position you will be representing Flow Traders to European and Dutch stakeholders. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders to respond to policy initiatives and ensure Flow Traders viewpoints are represented. Pro-actively identifying new policy trends and anticipated regulatory change, assessing these for potential opportunities and risks for Flow Traders
- Analyzing new regulation for relevance and crafting effective influencing strategies and campaigns
- Active role in engaging with external stakeholders in Europe (jointly with Flow Traders Management Board and the Head of Public Affairs)
- Coalition building with other market participants and industry associations on relevant campaigns
- Participating in dedicated committees and working groups of our industry associations Holland Fintech, APT and FIA EPTA on legislative, regulatory and policy issues
This is a full-time position, based in Amsterdam and requires frequent travelling within Europe.
Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must. You will report to the Head of Public Affairs.
What you need to succeed
- Our ideal candidate has 6+ years of experience in relevant role(s) in financial markets regulation, policy and/or advocacy, for example at a supervisory or regulatory authority, in an investment firm or fintech-company, in an industry association, or as a consultant
- You understand how financial markets function and have an intimate knowledge of IFR/D, MiFIR and an eye for developments regarding crypto assets
- You are aware of the discussions in regulatory areas such as capital requirements, investor protection, market structures and integrity, corporate governance and reporting. The wholesale markets ecosystem and European institutional framework are familiar territories for you. You have a well-developed political sensitivity and you are a solid and credible counterparty to the many stakeholders an investment firm encounters
- We are looking for someone with strong collaborative, project management and engagement skills, who is able to lead ongoing conversations with market participants, legislators and regulators. These discussions require a detailed technical understanding of issues as well as an overarching forward-looking perspective with a clear focus on Flow Traders’ strategy and business priorities
- Advising the business om policy issues and drafting substantively strong position papers and policy briefings are important aspects of your work as well.
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Public Affairs Manager
Manager Public Affairs Benelux
Manager Public Affairs
(Senior) Public Affairs Adviseur Mobiliteit
Beleidsadviseur Public Affairs
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs
Adviseur Public Affairs
Nederlandse Vereniging van Banken
Adviseur Public AffairsMeer vacatures bekijken »