Gorillas is shaping the future of on-demand retail from the ground upTermijn verlopen
Gorillas is shaping the future of on-demand retail from the ground up. In less than one year we have evolved from a single dark store in Berlin to a growing global crew operating our hyperlocal model in 9 countries (with more on the way). Our rider crew makes magic happen on the daily, delivering groceries to your door in just 10 minutes.
Our DNA is rooted in a love for cycling and a desire to create change, and we’re proud to foster an environment where authenticity is celebrated and boldness is encouraged. True to our need for speed, in October 2021 we became Germany’s fastest-ever unicorn company with a $3.1bn valuation. As one of Europe’s most talked about startups, we are bringing true digital disruption to the supermarket space and seeking talented individuals to join us in building something truly extraordinary.
About This Opportunity
We are currently looking for a Public Affairs Manager for the Benelux region. This role will be ideally based in Amsterdam, NL and will report into the Global Director Public Affairs.
In This Role You Will
- Develop a national public affairs strategy for the Netherlands and Belgium in accordance with the global public affairs and communications strategy
- Map and analyse the national political and regulatory environment in the regions
- Identify and implement key initiatives at national and local level to support the global public affairs strategy
- Work closely with local and national authorities, municipalities and other stakeholders to ensure we are always maintaining and building on the exceptional working relationships we have with the communities and environments we operate in
- Manage and collaborate with the local Public Affairs agencies to develop and deliver the public affairs strategy
- You’ll get the opportunity to position Gorillas in key (national) political debates to support our business growth and stability
- Represent Gorillas in national and local events, identifying suitable opportunities for the global leadership team to participate in
- Carrying out risk analysis to make improvements where needed
What We Expect From You
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch. French would be a big plus!
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in political science, social science, business, economics, or related field
- 5 + years’ experience within government affairs, public policy, communications, or related field
- Expertise in developing effective public affairs campaigns that serve business interests
- Ability to develop and maintain a reliable network among strategic decision-makers and regulators
- Attitude of an internal consultant to the local, national and global management teams
- Good understanding of the Dutch and Belgian legislative process, political landscape and labour relations
- Understanding of the demands of a young fast-growing company looking to strengthen its sustainable growth
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for revolutionizing the grocery sector!
What’s In For You
- Accelerate your career development by joining one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups
- Flexible working arrangements, plus a centrally located office in Amsterdam
- A 25% discount on all your Gorillas deliveries 🦍 ❤️
- Your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop, plus a tech accessory budget to maximize your work environment
- On-site, underground bike storage to keep your trusty two-wheeler safe
We’re building a people-first business, which means we aspire to create flexible benefits and working arrangements that meet our people where they’re at. As a young company in the midst of growth, you’ll experience a steep learning curve from day one and the opportunity to shape the future of Gorillas. You’ll benefit from working with a diverse mix of talented humans, many of whom bring experience from some of the world’s biggest tech companies. With unrivalled energy and team spirit, a culture of inclusion, and no shortage of snacks, we’re building a place for you to do your best work.
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Termijn verlopen
Dordrecht / Drechtsteden
Head of Corporate Public Affairs
Government Affairs Manager
Junior Adviseur Public Affairs & Government Relations
Medewerker Public Affairs, Overijssel
Adviseur Public Affairs
Raad voor de Rechtspraak
Adviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Officer (Dutch Speaking)
Senior Adviseur Public Affairs Europese UnieMeer vacatures bekijken »