Public Affairs ManagerTermijn verlopen
Samsung’s vision statement is “to inspire the world with innovative technologies, products, and designs that enrich people’s lives and contribute to social prosperity by creating a new future.” Paving the way, seeing obstacles as opportunities, not afraid of the new or the unknown. We imagine and create technology that blaze a new trail and enabling people to do what they can’t.
As Public Affairs Manager at Samsung Electronics Benelux B.V. you will play a key role in the Legal, Compliance and Public Affairs Team and be the main contact person for the Benelux when it comes to Public Affairs.
This is a new position within the Legal, Compliance and Public Affairs team, so you will have the opportunity to develop and implement a new Public Affairs policy for the Benelux. You will do this in close cooperation with our sever colleagues in the Legal, Compliance and Public Affairs team, with the European and Global Public Affairs teams in Brussels and Seoul and in consultation with management. You also work closely with your colleagues in the Communications team. You will report to the Director Legal, Compliance and Public Affairs. The main workplace location will be at our modern office at Schiphol (hybrid).
Role and Responsibilities
Who are you:
You have a great network and you know your way around Governments, Parliaments and political stakeholders in The Netherlands and Belgium. You maintain a good relationship with relevant regulators, industry organizations and national and international relations. You have an excellent understanding of social and political issues and current affairs. You have at least six years of experience in Public Affairs, are well informed of regulatory developments in areas such as technology, media, marketing, retail, innovation, consumer protection, ESG, etc. You are able to connect this knowledge and experience with the internal developments, needs and interests of Samsung Electronics. You are accustomed to working in an international environment. More specifically, you advise on the strategic direction of our company in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Public Affairs Manager:
- Keeps track of the political and regulatory agenda, follows political current events, social, managerial and business developments
- Develop a public affairs strategy and policy, and ensures it’s implemented
- Advises, supports on positions to be taken on themes, activities and current events in the areas of technology, media and marketing, retail, innovation, consumer protection, ESG, etc.
- Formulates positions and knows how to communicate to stakeholders in the Benelux so that they are aware of and use our positions
- Supports B2B/B2G teams in identifying business opportunities and gathers information
- Internally advises on topics that are important for Samsung Electronics
- Builds and maintains a network in The Netherlands and Belgium at both the governmental and political level as well as with relevant regulators and industry organizations.
- Coordinates directly with management, can operate independently, and is both substantively sound and hands-on
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree required
- At least six years of relevant experience in the field of Public Affairs, preferably in an international business environment
- Excellent network and knows his/her way around the governments and the cabinets in the Netherlands and Belgium
- Be able to manage multiple complex projects and demanding deadlines
- Independent worker and at the same time a team player
- Quick thinker
- High level of integrity
- Open to different ideas
- Proactive and enterprising
- Eye for both the interests of Samsung Electronics and the societal interests
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Dutch and English
- French knowledge is an advantage
- Willingness to travel between Belgium and the Netherlands
Skills and Qualifications
What do we offer?
- A career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Optimal support on your career path through learning & development and regular training opportunities
- An international company culture
- A competitive remuneration package including comprehensive benefits
- Flexible hybrid working
- An important role at Samsung; You can make a difference
- Becoming part of a fun, small and dynamic team in a big tech company
- A challenging and varied job with many personal responsibilities
Bestuursadviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Adviseur
Lobbyist Gezond Leven
Beleidsadviseur innovatie en digitalisering
Public Affairs Head
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Junior Public Affairs Adviseur
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Manager Public Affairs Europa
Public Affairs Manager BrusselsMeer vacatures bekijken »