Would you like to help shape the future of Lightyear?Termijn verlopen
Would you like to help shape the future of Lightyear and be part of a dynamic, international team and manage the Public Affairs (PA) strategy at a highly innovative and fast-growing organization?
We’d love to talk to you!
Full-time · Helmond / Remote
Where: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation and from the comfort of your own home office Domain: Experience Circle Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience Degree: A University Degree
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
What will you do as the Public Affairs Manager? Your mission is to:
Shape an optimal business climate in the EU (& US) for Lightyear to thrive and protect the reputation of Lightyear.
Your job will consist of:
- Shaping the dialogue on legislation in the EU and important member states (e.g. Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Finland) that supports Lightyear’s mission and strategy through strategic advocacy, using accurate and persuasive communication of our position(s) and arguments in support of them to relevant legislators, staff and other officials at appropriate times.
- Educating policy makers and their staff about Lightyear and the impact of proposed legislation and other government action on Lightyear operations and policy.
- Maintaining effective relationships with government officials, legislators, legislative staff, legislative support institutions, trade associations and other groups of present or potential importance to Lightyear.
- Coordinating with other Lightyear PR, Legal, Business Development, Product Management, Marketing and Strategy leaders to effectively advocate for regulatory actions that support Lightyear’s mission, interests and business activities.
- Advising Lightyear leadership and supervisory board on pending legislation and other policy changes, changes to key government personnel and other government relations matters pertinent to their operations.
- Being alert to legislative and political developments and advising management of their significance and potential impact.
- Accurately evaluating and interpreting public policy that affects Lightyear and developing alternatives and pursuing modifications that better meet Lightyear’s needs.
- Being responsible for making decisions on major legislative issues and positions in certain circumstances when time does not permit consultation.
- Making certain Lightyear is properly represented at public forums involving policy makers and stakeholder groups. Includes speaking and presenting at these fora.
- Identifying key legislative opportunities to accelerate market uptake of Lightyear products.
- Input in Lightyear product development to make use of regulatory stimulations.
- Building individual relations with policy makers, opinion makers and thought leaders.
- Shaping policy goals and positioning of the organization in the governmental arena.
- Making sure we have a keen eye on newly emerging issues on legislation.
What do we expect from the Public Affairs Manager at Lightyear? In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for intrinsically driven people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You can work within the team or independently and you plan your budget and time well. You are flexible and can work under pressure. Furthermore we are looking for someone with:
- At least a Bachelor degree
- Preferably 4+ years of relevant experience (i.e., in a similar role)
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge on Public Affairs
- Excellent skills in written advisory, making and giving presentations, understanding stakeholders perceptions, negotiations and networking
- Fluency in English
- Availability for 40 hours per week.
On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics. You are a listener, fixer, seeking to understand, thinking in interests, value creator, helper and servant leadership. Others words that describe you:
- thoughtful but persuasive;
- a networker;
- keen to learn about technology, open mindset;
- a fast learner;
- solution oriented, a team-player and passionate about our mission.
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
- A diverse & inclusive culture driven by trust which results in the opportunity to work remotely. UK & German contracts are in place and more are yet to come!
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.Termijn verlopen
Bestuursadviseur Public Affairs
Public Affairs Adviseur
Lobbyist Gezond Leven
Beleidsadviseur innovatie en digitalisering
Public Affairs Head
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Junior Public Affairs Adviseur
Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen
Manager Public Affairs Europa
Public Affairs Manager BrusselsMeer vacatures bekijken »