That’s good, because at Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET) we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.
Our mission? To empower every food moment around the world, whether it’s through customer service, coding or couriers.
About this role:
We’re looking for a Director Public Affairs with experience and robust knowledge of online / platform facing issues, to further enhance, professionalise and strengthen our growing Public Affairs (PA) team, and to further develop and execute a global Public Affairs strategy.
In this role, you have the opportunity to build and continue to shape the Public Affairs function and culture of a fast-growing international tech company. You will lead a relatively small, but growing central team at our HQ in Amsterdam as well as coaching a team of local, in-country PA managers. Jointly you will be working on enhancing and further professionalising Public Affairs at the company.
Your challenge will be to lead in building a strong PA culture, guide PA colleagues in the market, create campaigns and define our positions on issues from courier employment to artificial intelligence. Besides, your role is key to helping cross-functional stakeholders understand how our work supports our business ambitions and enhances the focus on the longer-term reputation of the company.
We expect you to leverage your experience working with or in government, NGOs, or corporate public policy teams, as well as an ability to work across functions to develop the wider team and execute a global strategy and measure its success.
These are some of the key ingredients to the role:
- Further enhance, professionalise and strengthen the Public affairs function for JET;
- Lead and manage the central PA team and function and coach the local PA Managers;
- Educate, guide and support European country managers and advise on local PA plans;
- Monitor relevant regulatory, policy and political developments, assess their impact on the company’s and deliver analyses to the key internal stakeholders;
- Define, lead and execute public affairs strategy to support business objectives at central and European level, and ensure global alignment;
- Draft position papers on core policy and regulatory issues, by working across functions to ensure alignment between business objectives and the government affairs strategy;
- Work with internal stakeholders from business, legal and coordinate cross-functional working groups;
- Promote and represent JET vision and values towards a broad range of stakeholders, including governmental bodies, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations;
- Represent JET externally in publications, events, and policymaker settings.
What will you bring to the table?
Here’s what we’re looking for from our Director Public Affairs…
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience;
- 15+ years of experience working on technology policy, ideally in a corporate (tech-oriented) environment;
- Experience in working independently on public affairs and/or tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations;
- Knowledge of the political and institutional dynamics at international and EU levels;
- Experience in professionalising, structuring and organising the (central) Public Affairs function, ideally within a tech/online business;
- Knowledge of the technology sector, internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, and experience advocating on behalf of companies core tech policy issues. Knowledge of the food delivery sector is helpful.
- A creative and strategic thinker with leadership skills to effectively work with, cooperate with and influence diverse audiences, both internal and external;
- A team player with a hands-on and can-do attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to adapt quickly and in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a high attention to detail, and drive projects to successful completion;
- Excellent project management skills with experience working with international teams and a variety of internal cross-functional collaborators;
- Ability to write and translate complex issues into a language suitable for either technical or non-technical audiences and to communicate impactfully in person and writing.
- Strong language skills in English, and other languages for example French are a plus.
Here is our offer
Here at JET, we offer our colleagues the chance to develop and grow alongside top talent in one of the world’s leading food delivery companies. By providing a creative, dynamic and innovative environment, we empower our people and give them the ingredients for success.
Ready to join us as Director Public Affairs? Click Apply Now and send us your CV and motivational letter!
Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colorful selves to work every day.
What else is cooking?
Want to know more about our JETers, culture or company? Have a look at our career site where you can find people’s stories, blogs, podcasts and more JET morsels.
Are you ready to take your seat? Apply now!